14.6.14

Fresh Strawberry Lemonade Slush

Found here
"Want the perfect summer drink? I made this on a whim and have made it 3 times since. It is easy, tasty, and fresh. What is in it?
Fresh meyer lemons, fresh strawberries, ice and a little touch of sugar. So easy, so fresh, so yummy!
This is one of the easiest and most scrumptious drinks ever. Plus it is so fresh tasting you will feel great after drinking it. It is my new summer go to, and I love it! And I am pretty sure you will too. Want to know what else is great? It is kid friendly!

Ingredients
  • 2 cups fresh strawberries
  • 1 lemon, quartered
  • 1 lemon zest
  • Juice of one lemon
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 cups ice cubes
  • ¼-1/2 cup sugar
Instructions
  1. Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth and slushy

The thing to keep in mind with this slushy is that you do not need much sugar if your strawberries are sweet. The meyer lemons are not as tart as other lemons, but guess what, if you can’t find meyer, get any lemon you want, it will still taste great, you just may need to add extra sugar to get it sweet enough. I used baby lemons when I made it yesterday, and it was perfect!"

I am definitely trying this one before I leave for work this summer. I have it bookmarked in my phone and of course here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment